Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 1: Major Breakthrough!

I made a major breakthrough on that Cdim7 from Pennies From Heaven today at lunch. I'm starting to feel like I have the opening progression down pretty good.

I just realized that I started this project on a Thursday so I'm going to use this coming weekend as the "end of my first week" - then I'll record and post for Monday.

I've had so many tunes in my head thinking about which one to choose for next week. I'm toying between Tonight You Belong To Me, San Francisco Bay Blues or some Avett Brothers' number. But, I'm sure I'll be tempted by a hundred others before the weekend is up.

Here's Tonight You Belong To Me with the master himself on Uke!
Man, it's such a beautiful song.


Here's Ramblin' Jack Elliott with San Francisco Bay Blues from Pete Seeger's show...woah, now that was quality TV!


I forgot to post this earlier but here's the lead sheet for Pennies From Heaven.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rmz4yuz0ykw

1 comment: